The Twisted Loop Fringe is a great way of making a fringe for any item. It doesn't come loose or pull out. I use it a lot for whiskers when I am making toys animals.
This is not my original idea. I found this method on Marlos' Crochet Corner many moons ago but, sadly, the site no longer exists.
1. The sample I am using is dc made with DK yarn and a 4.00mm hook.
2. Make one chain.
3. Pull the loop out to just over twice the length you want the finished twisted loop.
4. Holding the chain firmly so that it doesn’t tighten or twist, twirl your hook so that the long loop is twisted.
The amount of times you will need to do this will depend on the length of the loop and how tight you want the twist.
5. Keeping another finger in the way, insert the hook into the chain . . . . . . .
6. . . . . . . And work a slip stitch.
7. Remove your finger and let the loop twist around itself.